Long time ago since I wrote the last blog post. But having had a cold and sick kids in the last weeks was keeping me busy and away from doing anything serious on my projects. I just want to give you some show updates on what has changed with the last 2 expansions:
- I’ve just updated the evemaps database to include new systems that got introduced with Rhea.
- I renamed the “unknown region names” to match CCP’s names, after they decided to give them proper names instead of “unknown region”.
- Updated the jump base ranges and skills that take part in the calculation.
- I haven’t added a fatigue planer yet and I’m unsure how useful it would be
The problem with fatigue calculation is:
- it’s likely that you start evaluating multiple scenarios. Less people will plan their trips with jumps only.
- too many unknown variables for a planer tool. Initial fatigue, waiting time, operation time, gates in between jumps, etc.
- you don’t play alone. You’ve to take care about your fleet members as well.
- the API fatigue timer is cached, therefore likely not accurate for on request results.
Oh and before you ask: Creating a jump planer that also takes gates into the calculations is really complicated and doesn’t bring many benefits. The decision when to jump and when to take a gate is more a tactical decision based on the current situation. The computer won’t know what’s the best solution. Jump first and then take the gates, gates then jump or a combination. Sometimes you know that some systems are more dangerous then others … In the end it all comes down to proper planning and knowing your backyard instead of the one click-win button solution.